QuickApp Home - Participants - -
This initiative is focused on nurturing a Quick App ecosystem in Europe and beyond through multi-party, meritocratic and transparent collaboration.
Quick App is a new platform for light hybrid applications that do not require installation. For users, it enables an "in the moment" app dynamic, whilst delivering a near native app experience. For developers, it requires less coding, and provides the possibility to distribute outside of traditional app stores. For business, it provides a powerful dynamic for generating new user experiences and capturing new custsomers.
Liberating for users - democratising for developers - empowering for business.
- Watch the .
- Visit the .
- subscribe to the .
... And of course, we would love to welcome you on board! Join here.
Quick App is a way to develop, package, and distribute MiniApp compliant applications across platforms, facilitating the process of development through advanced UI components and predefined native APIs (e.g., push notifications, network monitoring, Bluetooth, camera, homescreen icon ...) that enable developers to design and build usable, reliable and efficient applications rapidly. What's more, as the MiniApp standard matures, the implementation of runtime engines for devices facilitates a "code once, deploy anywhere" paradigm. A clear benefit for developers and businesses.
- Find out more in our or .
The promotes a concrete implementation of the abstract , allowing light applications in native environments for smart devices.
The initiative explores vertical applications where Quick Apps have the potential to be part of a solution, as well as transversal activities that further core technologies across verticals, including (as appropriate) usability, accessibility, sustainability, privacy, security, and ethical standards.
The initiative has four key aims:
- Raise awareness and understanding about Quick Apps in business and developer communities.
- Develop a commons of technical knowledge, guidelines, and best practices.
- Feed into the emerging W3C MiniApp standard (and act as a dissemination channel).
- Develop Open Source code about Quick Apps. For example, tools, code templates, plugins for IDEs, test-beds, Etc.
- Read more in our .
QAI launch participants
QAI was launched during in June 2021 by the following organisations:
- (Initiative chair)
- (in process of incorporation)
QAI open to all
- Any organization or individual regardless of geographic location;
- Operating system and device vendors that implement Quick App engines, marketplaces, and other supporting tools for Quick Apps;
- Content and service providers interested in end-user interactions using Quick Apps;
- Marketing experts interested in the promotion of Quick Apps as a paradigm;
- Developers, including professionals, hobbyists, and students, interested in Web and native app technologies;
- Public institutions, including municipalities, with specific needs such as accessible services for citizens and visitors;
- Research centers and academic institutions interested in innovation through agile technologies;
- Innovative entrepreneurs and SMEs.
To become a participant of the initiative please register now.
Let's stay in touch
- Subscribe to the .
- Visit the .
- Access the .